Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published in, nor is it before another journal for consideration or review (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word in DOC or DOCX document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided. These must be active.
- The text is double-spaced; uses a 10-point Century Schoolbook font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- DO NOT INCLUDE SECTION BREAKS IN THE TEXT.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed. If manuscripts are not properly prepared author(s) will be required to resubmit.
- All coauthor names, email addresses and affiliations must be entered at the time of the original submission. Once the submission is in review and copy edit these cannot be changed, added to or deleted.
At this point the Finish Submission button at the bottom of the page must be pushed to complete the submission. If the is not done the submission is not available to the Editor or Section Editors.
After completing the submission, the submitting author will receive an email confirming the submission. If this is not received, the Finish Submission process is not complete. The author must follow this to have the submission recorded.
All manuscripts accepted for publication will be copyright of the Journal of Applied Marketing Theory when published. Upon submission, the Journal of Applied Marketing Theory retains the right to be the sole publisher of the manuscript unless the submitted manuscript is rejected or withdrawn by the author prior to publication. All authors of a manuscript must ensure that works of others are properly referenced and cited. The Journal of Applied Marketing Theory takes no responsibility for failure of authors of the submission to properly reference and cite works of others. All authors of manuscripts are liable for violations of copyrights of other works. Other works include books, articles, websites, and any other works used in the preparation of manuscripts. Authors must also ensure that the use of any video, audio, radio, television, Internet, or other media sources or unpublished papers are properly cited in accordance with the copyright laws. Authors agree that any violation of copyright of cited and non cited sources listed above will be the responsibility of the authors and not the Journal of Applied Marketing Theory. Author(s) agree to hold the Journal of Applied Marketing Theory harmless for copyright violations.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party. Stated purposes include submission, review, revision and editing of accepted manuscripts. Author names will only appear in published manuscripts. The Journal of Applied Marketing Theory does not provide email addresses as part of the publication process. If authors wish to publish email addresses within the body of a published paper, they must notify the associate editors and agree to hold the Journal of Applied Marketing Theory harmless for such publication of the email address.